11 Ways How to Style Skinny Jeans This Winter
Styling skinny jeans during the winter can be both fashionable and practical. Here at Fashion.ie are some tips and ideas to help you stay warm and stylish:
Popular Types of Skinny Jeans
Skinny jeans come in various styles and variations, and their popularity can change over time. Here are some popular types of skinny jeans trending in 2023
1. Classic Skinny Jeans
These are the most common type of skinny jeans. They are snug-fitting from the waist down to the ankle, providing a sleek and tailored look.
2. High-Waisted Skinny Jeans
High-waisted skinny jeans sit higher on the waist, creating a flattering silhouette and elongating the legs. They are popular for their retro and vintage-inspired look.
3. Ripped or Distressed Jeans
These skinny jeans feature intentional tears, cuts, or distressing for a fashionable and edgy appearance. They offer a more casual and rugged style.
4. Jegging (Jeans + Leggings)
Jegging skinny jeans are made from stretchy materials, giving them a comfortable and form-fitting feel. They often resemble traditional denim but with the comfort of leggings
5. Ankle Skinny Jeans
Ankle-length skinny jeans typically end just above the ankle or at the ankle, making them perfect for showcasing your footwear, such as ankle boots or heels.
6. Coloured or Patterned Skinny Jeans
These skinny jeans come in a wide range of colours and patterns, offering a bold and unique style statement. Popular colours include black, white, red, and pastels.
7. Raw Denim Skinny Jeans
Raw denim is untreated and unwashed denim, often preferred by enthusiasts for its ability to develop unique fades and distressing over time. Denim skinny jeans are a niche but popular choice among denim aficionados.
8. Moto or Biker Skinny Jeans
Inspired by motorcycle or biker-style pants, these skinny jeans often feature ribbed panels, zippers, and other distinctive details, giving them an edgy and rebellious look.
9. Super Skinny Jeans
Super skinny jeans are even more form-fitting than classic skinny jeans, offering a very slim and streamlined appearance.
10. Boyfriend Skinny Jeans
These jeans are a bit looser than traditional skinny jeans but still provide a slimmer silhouette compared to typical boyfriend jeans. They offer a more relaxed, comfortable fit.
11. Mom Skinny Jeans
Mom jeans with a skinny twist, these jeans are high-waisted and relaxed in the hips and thighs but taper down to a skinny leg.
How to Style Skinny Jeans This Winter
Let’s take a look at 10 simple steps how to make you max your skinny jeans look during this winter of 2023.
1. Layering is Key
- Start with a base layer to keep warm. Thermal tops or long-sleeved t-shirts can provide extra insulation.
- Add a sweater or cardigan over your base layer for added warmth.
- Don’t forget a warm winter coat, such as a parka or wool coat, to complete your outer layer.
2. Choose the Right Footwear
- Boots are a great choice for winter. They not only keep your feet warm but can also add a stylish touch to your outfit. Ankle boots, knee-high boots, or over-the-knee boots all work well with skinny jeans.
- Make sure to wear warm socks, like wool or thermal ones, to keep your feet warm
3. Accessorise Well
- Consider accessorizing with a warm scarf, beanie, or hat to keep your neck and head warm.
- A pair of leather or touchscreen-friendly gloves will not only keep your hands warm but also add a chic element to your outfit.
4. Tuck or Cuff
- Tucking your skinny jeans into your boots can create a streamlined, polished look. This style works particularly well with knee-high or over-the-knee boots.
- Alternatively, you can cuff the jeans above your boots to create a trendy and slightly more relaxed look.
5. Choose the Right Skinny Jeans
Opt for thicker, insulated skinny jeans or jeggings for added warmth.Dark wash jeans tend to look more winter-appropriate and can be easily dressed up or down.
6. Add Layers with a Tunic or Sweater Dress
A tunic or sweater dress paired with skinny jeans is a stylish and cosy option for the winter. It adds depth to your outfit while keeping you warm.
7. Consider a Long Coat
A long coat can provide extra warmth and a sophisticated touch to your outfit. It looks especially great with skinny jeans.
8. Experiment with Different Tops
Don’t limit yourself to just sweaters. You can also wear blouses, flannels, or chambray shirts with skinny jeans for a more versatile look.
9. Play With And Mix Textures
Incorporate different textures into your outfit, such as faux fur, knit, or velvet, to add depth and visual interest.
10. Accessorise with a Belt
Adding a belt to your outfit can help define your waist and add a stylish touch. You can wear it over your sweater or coat.
11. Be Mindful of Colour
Dark and neutral colours tend to work well in the winter, but you can also incorporate rich, seasonal colours into your outfit.
Remember that personal style plays a big role in how you choose to style your skinny jeans during the winter.
Experiment with different combinations to find the looks that make you feel comfortable and confident while staying warm in colder temperatures