How to style a cardigan the celebrity way. Cardigans are that one fashion item that everyone has in their wardrobes.
But certain styles go with certain body shapes and if you get it wrong, you can look a bit, well…old-fashioned.
So to give you some style inspiration, here are some of our favourite celebs rocking the cardigan trend.
Transitional weather is known for cold in the mornings and maybe getting hot in the evenings. So why not take some inspiration from model Kaia Gerber and style your cardigan with a cute printed midi skirt and your favourite pair of white trainers. It’s a look that will help keep you warm as we head into autumn and you’ll look great all day.
Who needs to wear a bra when you have cardigan? Granted, we can’t see your granny approving this look. If you want a bit of a risqué look like Bella, simply button up the top button on your favourite cardigan and pair with any jeans you like and combat boots.
Further proof that cardigans can be worn as a top. This time, however, Kendall has switched it up using an oversized cardigan. Simply tie a knot at the bottom and voila!
Skip the jumpsuits and dresses and opt for a matched knitted, cardigan, like Selena Gomez did during this year’s Cannes Film Festival.
If you do want to stick to your trusted frocks, then having a simple, oversized cardigan is a must for your wardrobe.
Megan Thee Stallion says that to achieve hot girl summer, you need to sport business casual looks. And that is what Laura Harrier did. Put together an A1 look by throwing on a cardigan over a crop top and pencil skirt.
The dos and don’ts of rocking your cardigan
- Don’t wear a crop cardigan with a long top. The contrast in lengths is not flattering and creates a weird shape and proportion on your body.
- Do wear cardigans with dresses or high waisted skirts.
- Don’t wear an oversized cardigan with loose fitted bottoms. Stay away from boyfriend jeans and maxi skirts. The whole ensemble will just make you look wide.
- Don’t wear a wrap cardigan with a short skirt. Although not as bulky as an oversized cardigan, the length of a wrap style will create weird proportions with short skirts.
- Do wear wrap cardigans with dark jeans or trousers to elongate your figure.
- Do wear boyfriend cardigans with jeans, knee length pencil skirts or shorts. They really go well with anything as long as your bottoms are fitted and slim.
Here at Fashion.ie we always promote fashion sustainability. Where possible, please exchange your clothing with others to increase their longevity which ensures they do not go towards landfill which is bad for the environment.
Always check out how and where your clothes, beauty products and accessories are made before purchase to ensure they are not only ethically produced but environmentally friendly.
We can all play our part and make the difference to working towards a better and cleaner fashion environment here in Ireland.
How to style a cardigan the celebrity way