How to wear a bandana in style
How to wear a bandana in style. The famous bandana originates from the 18th century and still looks cool today! Three centuries on, men, women and rock stars still use it as an important fashion accessory to improve their looks.
Used by many as relief for those bad hair days, the bandana can be worn in many different ways. Some see it as finicky fashion accessory because they are unsure how to master the tie that holds it together. Well there is no need to panic.
There are a few ways in which you can don this centuries old fashion piece. We have selected just four simple ways to wear your bandana in style.
The simple knot
- Make sure to brush your hair thoroughly. This remove any unwanted tangles.
- Using a teaser comb, simply tease the front and crown part of your hair.
- If you are having a bad hair day, tie your hair up in a high pony. Then shake it up a little for a messy look.
- Bring your bandana from under your ponytail, so that the loose ends are at the top.
- Adjust the bandana, and then tie it up in one or two loops making sure it is intact.
- You can try different ways with your hair left open or tied down or even a messy bun.
- This looks fab with both long and short hair.
The Biker Style
The Biker style gets its name because men and women tie up their bandanas for long drives. This makes them look cool as well as keeping their hair off their face.
- Brush your hair and tease it up .
- Fold the bandana into a half.
- Wrap it around your head, bringing the loose ends to the crown area.
- Then tie it up and that’s it.
You can also try this look with a messy bun or a ponytail as well!. Biker style bandana suits both short and long hair.
- Simply brush your hair and tie it into a messy bun or a ponytail.
- Now fold your bandana into a sleek band and start wrapping it around from under the neck to your bun or the ponytail.
- The tie the ends at the top of your head.
- Now tie the remaining part into a bow.
This is an easy manoeuvre as it’s just like tying your shoelace. Make sure to practice it a few of times, and you will soon master it.
Sweat Band Bandana
- Ok, tie your hair up in a ponytail or a chignon updo. You can clip it with pins if need be
- Fold your bandana into a thin band.
- Then wrap it around from the nape of your neck.
- Now bring the loose ends of the banana to the centre of your head and tie into a loop.
- Finally, tuck the remaining part of the bandana.
- Now you have that great sweat band look
The Sweat band bandana look works well when you are doing any physical activity such as running in the gym or playing sports. It looks fab and is so functional too!