Combat boots are the must-have shoe for autumn. As we leave summer behind, the must-have shoe for autumn is arguably the combat boot.
A staple in every woman’s wardrobe, no one can resist this versatile shoe, as the likes of Gigi Hadid, Hailey Bieber and Kaia Gerber have all been spotted wearing them.
If you’re unsure of how to wear this season’s trend, here are some of the surprisingly polished ways of styling combat boots.
Dress it up
Let’s start with the most fashionable combination of all – combat boots and dresses.
When choosing a dress to go with your boots, either go for the most conventionally feminine dress you can get, or a simple little black dress with a flared line.
The contrast between the garment and footwear will instantly give you a look that no one will forget. Go for ruffles, floral patterns, polka dot prints and bell-bottom sleeves. Always remember proportion is key to wearing a dress with combat boots. Try to keep your dress length above the knee.
Pair with shorts
Another good way to look cool and casual is to wear your boots with denim shorts. You’ll need to tuck your shirt in or tie it up like a true cowgirl. You don’t need to worry about any unflattering effect as your silhouette will end up looking perfectly balanced.
Sweater dresses are made for combat boots
Sweater dresses are one of the biggest trends this year so why not pair them with combat boots.
Warm and elegant, sweater dresses give you the option to go minimalist and have fun with your accessories and footwear.
For an everyday glam look, invest in a good, light-coloured sweater dress pair with black tights and black combat boots.
Combat boots do’s and don’ts
- When wearing an all-black look, including your combat boots, break the look up with a pastel-tone item, such as a scarf, belt or bag.
- Don’t overdo your look with too much accessories. Or too many contrasting patterns. Combat boots can look imposing and heavy on their own so keep the rest of your outfit light in order to keep everything balance.
- Wear your combat boots while travelling. They are a fantastic way of maintaining a stylish yet comfortable look.
- Don’t opt for a totally military look as it can look cheesy.
- Don’t wear your combat boots with flared trousers or jeans as they usually add weight to the lower part of your body. Only tight, skinny jeans or pants should go with your combat boots.
Here at Fashion.ie we always promote fashion sustainability. Where possible, please exchange your clothing with others to increase their longevity which ensures they do not go towards landfill which is bad for the environment.
Always check out how and where your clothes, beauty products and accessories are made before purchase to ensure they are not only ethically produced but environmentally friendly.
We can all play our part and make the difference to working towards a better and cleaner fashion environment here in Ireland.
Combat boots are the must-have shoe for autumn