Fashion Review Irish Fashion Designer Jennifer Rothwell
Fashion Review Irish Fashion Designer Jennifer Rothwell. Award winning Irish Fashion Designer Jennifer Rothwell graduated from the National College of Art and Design, Dublin Ireland with back in 1995.
Known for her knowledge of the fashion industry, Jennifer Rothwell gained huge experience as the Director of Design and Production for many high-profile New York fashion Design companies.
Rothwell claims she gained most of valuable experience working for Iconic American fashion designer Norma Kamali where she worked for several years. She later went on to enhance her fashion experience working for renowned fashion houses, Katayone Adeli, Calvin Klein, Language and Yigal Azrouel.
Jennifer’s reputation was such that she was constantly head hunted and in demand by competitors such as Daryl K, Betsey Johnson, Anna Sui and Rogan, co-designers for Edun. Her awards and experience within the fashion industry include,
- Jennifer won the “Brown Thomas Designer Award” at Dublin Fashion Week in 2018
- “New Product Award” – Showcase Ireland Expo in 2010
- Jennifer showcased her collection at the Irish Pavilion at Shanghai World Expo in 2010
- Back in 2011, Jennifer was cast as a judge on Norway’s Top Model TV Programme, providing a great showcase for the best of Irish design. The following awards have recognised Jennifer Rothwell’s achievements in fashion: “Brown Thomas Designer Award” at Dublin Fashion Week in 2007. New Product Award at the Showcase Expo in 2010.
- New Product Award – Showcase Ireland Expo 2013
- In 2014, Jennifer opened her first flagship store in the Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, Dublin 2 and launched her online fashion boutique www.jrothwell.net. The boutique showcases her collection of prints and printed accessories, jersey pieces and evening dresses,
- In 2015, Jennifer Rothwell One Shoulder Stain glass Printed Gown was wore on the Red Carpet at the Oscar’s. Tomm Moore’s Wife Liselott Olofsson who directed Song of the Sea which was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
- In the same year, Jennifer showcased her collection in Ireland Showcase in New York during New York Fashion Week.
- In 2016, she set up the Digital Textile Fashion Hub Ltd which was the first commercial Digital Textile printer to print on silk in the Republic of Ireland. In that same year, The National Museum of Ireland acquired 3 of her printed designs for their Contemporary Design Collection a great endorsement of Rothwell’s work.
- In 2017 She was winner of Irish Made Award for Fashion Category by Irish Country Magazine
- In 2018, Jennifer Rothwell’s iconic prints are being worn on the Red Carpet at the Oscar’s once again by Liselott Olofsson, Tomm Moore’s wife co-founder of Cartoon Saloon for the nominated “The Breadwinner” for an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
Jennifer is a much loved and respected Irish fashion designer that offers some of the best designs in Ladies and Men’s fashion designs.
Renowned for her clever use of iconic colourful prints, this multi award winning designer is currently the only designer who digitally prints and manufactures all her designs in Ireland.
You can follow Jennifer on her social media platforms at the links below and stay up to date with news on her latest designs.