Top 10 fashion charity shops on the Northside of Dublin
Top 10 fashion charity shops on the Northside of Dublin. Shopping for fashion is always fun for most of us and with the increase of charity shops on our high streets today, more and more charities are turning to fashion to raise much needed funds for their organisations.
Since the first charity shops appeared on the high streets of the UK at the turn of last century by The Salvation Army, charity clothes shops today are a regular feature in many cities and towns across Ireland who thanks to kind donations from the general public, donate their unwanted fashion clothes and accessories to help their favourite charities raise funds that allows them to continue services to people who rely on them.
With most charity shops today stocking major fashion brands and labels, there is always a bargain to be had if you know where to shop. Unlike years ago, it’s actually cool to be seen talking about fashion shopping at your local charity shop.
For those of you who are students working on low fashion budgets to you out there who simply love the challenge of finding that favourite, dress, jacket or bag at a bargain cost, Charity shopping for fashion is seen by many as the way to go!
By shopping in your local charity shop, you are also doing your bit for the environment as the selling of second hand clothing prevents them going to landfill.
Most charity shops also ensure that clothing that cannot be sold is actually sent for recycling which ensures that thousands of tonnes of textiles escape being buried in the ground and damaging our environment. With the recent news that on-line fashion market retailer, ASOS are about to launch their own charity market place, Fashion for charity is leading the way in how to donate and purchase fashion both on the high street and on-line.
A part of our ‘Charity Fashion Shops” series, we at Fashion.ie have picked out 10 of the best charity fashion shops on the Northside of Dublin for you bargain hunters that not only love fashion, but who also want to do their bit for charity.
NCBI, is Ireland’s national sight loss agency and a not for profit charitable organisation which provides support and services nationwide to people experiencing sight loss.
- Fairview, 22 Annesley Bridge Road, Fairview, Dublin 3. Tel: 087 633 2348
- Cabra, Unit2, 22 Fassaugh Road, Cabra, Dublin 7. Tel: 087 365 9029
- Swords, Unit 4, River Mall, Swords.Tel: 087 139 4347
Saint Vincent De Paul deals with poverty and works on alleviating its effects on individuals and families across Ireland. Through working primarily in person-to-person contact by a unique system of family visitations, they seek to achieve social justice and equality of opportunity for all citizens.
- 91 Annamoe Terrace, Cabra, Dublin 7. Tel : 01 868 4093
- Unit 2 Deanstown House, Main Street, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 Tel: 01 823 7953
- 91/92 Sean MacDermott Street lower, Dublin 1, Co. Dublin. Tel: 01 819 8424
- Unit 15/16, Malahide Shopping Centre, Main Street, Malahide, Co. Dublin. Tel: 01 845 6636
- 1 Castle Shopping Centre, Bridge street, Swords, Co. Dublin. Tel: 01 840 0752
- Unit 5-6, Coolock Village Centre, Coolock, Dublin 5. Tel: 01 847 8070
- 3 Main Street, Finglas, Dublin. Tel: 01 864 3512
- 2 Greendale Shopping Centre, Kilbarrack, Co. Dublin, Dublin 5. Tel: 01 832 1109
Beloved Charity Boutiques from Focus Ireland sells new and second-hand clothing, homeware, jewellery and gifts generously donated by supporters of their charity. You can find High- End and Designer items at affordable prices while making a valuable contribution to fight homelessness.
- 8 Townyard Lane, Malahide, Co. Dublin. Tel: 01-806 1469
The Irish Cancer Society provides care and support to people affected by cancer. Through their research they are finding out more and more about how to diagnose, treat and how to stop cancer before its starts. They provide information, advice and support people through their cancer experience and help to reduce their fear of a cancer diagnosis
- 156 Capel St, North City, Dublin. Tel: 01 872 6838
- 345-349 N Circular Rd, Phibsborough, Dublin 7. Tel: 01 860 0570
- Main St, Swords, Co. Dublin. Tel: 01 890 2784
DEBRA Ireland helps and supports families living with EB (Epidermolysis Bullosa) Through their support services they manage to improve the lives of people living with EB.
- 360 North Circular Road, Phibsboro. Tel: 087 914 4866
Down Syndrome Ireland are a national charity .Through their branches that are run almost exclusively by volunteer parents working in committees, they provide their members with a wide range of services and social opportunities for babies, children, teenagers and adults with Down syndrome and their families.
- Unit 5 Finglas Shopping Centre, Main St., Finglas, Dublin 11. Tel: 089 473 2697
- GPO Arcade, Henry Street, Dublin . Tel: 086 027 4178
- Kilbarrack Shopping Centre, Dublin 5. Tel: 086 046 3582
Enable Ireland provides services to children and adults with disabilities and their families in Ireland. They cover from childhood to adulthood with their expert teams working with individuals and their family on a plan for each life stage.
- 25 Capel Street, Dublin. Tel: 01 873 3867
- Unit 10, Phibsboro Shopping Centre, Dublin 7. Tel: 01 830 8750
- 43 Main Street, Finglas, Dublin 11. Tel: 01 834 7304
Oxfam Ireland works to change the lives of people in various countries across the world. Their work involves providing food, shelter and clean water to people in counties that need it most.
- 6 Church Road Malahide Co. Dublin. Tel: 01 845 4319
- 67 Phibsboro Road Phibsboro Dublin 7. Tel: 01 830 9550
Gorta are dedicated to ending hunger and poverty in rural Africa. Millions of people in Africa including farmers and their families, suffer from hunger and malnutrition every year and are struggling in extreme rural poverty without enough food, water or shelter.
- 136 Capel St, North City, Dublin. Tel: 01 874 8044
- 2 Portmarnock TC, Strand Road, Portmarnock Co Dublin. Tel: 01 853 2920
Top 10 fashion charity shops on the Northside of Dublin